Sunday 12 August 2012

A spectacular effort in the Yugoslav Dragon by Junior Tay

In the Angry Birds vs Young Punks match , I showed the game Tan Weiliang - IM Lim Yee Weng without annotations because I knew that such a sharp theoretical line required much more work than the other games. While watching the game, Dr Nithiananthan and I agreed that Weiliang's conducting of the White side of the Yugoslav Attack was one of the best games we have seen in local chess for a long time. Anyway, I spent one whole night researching and analysing this game (and missing the Mexico-Brazil Olympics Football finals in the process). When the SCN website was in operation, we used to have this series called the BSG (Best Singapore Games) where we featured top class efforts by local players. This one would have easily made the series. So without further ado, I present to you....

No comments:

Post a Comment