Thursday 17 November 2016

Shout out to the internet warriors!

I have recently spoke to some friends (one of whom has known me since I was in primary school) who appear to have been grossly, and perhaps intentionally misinformed over the unfortunate debacle, that is, the selection process of the Singapore team for the Baku Olympiad. There was a laughable amount of rumors that are still floating around in the chess scene and the most ridiculous thing about this is that these rumors are likely spread by random fellows who have no clue what they are saying.

What I am puzzled is that even people who I've known for decades had not even bothered to do basic fact checking with the protagonist but have instead chosen to listen to stories that are unsurprisingly one-sided. It is of course no wonder that not 1 person has looked at me in the face and confronted me about the amazing and terrible things that I've supposedly said and done!

And to the various armchair warriors, you know what?

It is exceptionally cheap & disgraceful to abuse someone while hiding in the shadows. You must lead a sorry life indeed, and I encourage you to continue sitting on your moral high horse as that must be one of your very few simple pleasures in life. 




Thankfully, I've come to learn that life is tough, and often very unfair and I would be a very miserable person indeed if I am affected by every unfair comment that is thrown in my direction!

The initial selection was utterly shambolic and a lot of credit has to be given to the Exco for the rectification. This happened not because of 1 blog article, but because common sense and logic were exercised after all the facts were put across.

As a legendary wiseman once said, Engage Your Brain before Typing on Keyboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment